The Delhi High Court on Thursday refused to stay the release of the movie ‘Faraaz’, directed by Hansal Mehta, based on the 2016 Dhaka, Bangladesh Terror attack. The movie is scheduled to be released in theaters tomorrow i.e. February 3.
The court was hearing a plea by women who are mothers of the victim of the Dhaka, Bangladesh terror attack seeking a stay on the release of the movie ‘Faraaz’. The women were challenging the movie’s release through their plea that had been rejected by a single-judge bench of Justice Neena Bansal Krishna in October 2022.
While refusing to stay the release of the Movie ‘Faraaz’, a division bench of Justice Siddharth Mridul and Justice Talwant Singh directed the filmmaker Hansal Mehta and producers to ‘scrupulously adhere’ to the disclaimer that it is a fictional movie and the videos and images of the daughters of the petitioner women will not appear in it.
During the hearing, Advocate Shyel Trehan on behalf of the filmmaker and producers contended that the movie had already been shown at the London Film Fest and the tickets were already being sold.
The counsel for petitioner women argued that the names of the characters in the film were very similar to the original victim girls of the attack and that it has real footage of incidents.
To this, Justice Mridul said, “No one remembers the names after six years. They have made a fictional movie based on true events, it’s in their disclaimer”.
Accordingly, the court directed the counsel for the petitioners to obtain instructions on whether the plea has to be dismissed or they wish to withdraw and listed the matter for
By-NareshLet us know that in this year 2022This year 2022 has been the breakup year of many celebs. Somewhere where hearts are broken, those hearts are also connected. Some celebs ...
Tehreek-e-Taliban (Pakistan) yesterday attacked the police chief's office in Pakistan's most populous city Karachi. Four others, including two police constables, a Rangers jawan and a civilian, were also killed in ...
In Noida, a case of assaulting an elderly man by asking his religion has come to the fore. The Crime Branch of Gautam Buddha Nagar Police Commissionerate will investigate the ...
A 26-year-old software engineer died after falling from the 20th floor of Golden Palm Society, Sector-168, Noida. The incident is being told late Friday night. The police reached the information ...
By-NareshThe Kerala High Court has held that a claim for the protection of personal information based on the right to privacy cannot co-exist in an Open Court justice system.Right To ...
Scoot airline officials say that they had sent an e-mail informing all passengers about the rescheduling of the flight. In such a situation, many passengers had reached the airport on ...
Akshay Kumar and Emraan Hashmi are in discussion these days about their new film Selfie. Before the trailer release of the film, Akshay Kumar has shared a funny photo, which ...
The historic bungalow of the late Indian film industry actor Raj Kapoor has been sold. It is located in Chembur, one of the costliest areas of Mumbai. Godrej Properties Limited ...
Amidst the ongoing economic slowdown in Pakistan, high-level drama is being witnessed at Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan's residence in Lahore. Actually, his bail plea has been rejected, after which ...
Taslima Nasreen’s tweet, Taliban will take over Pakistan,
Noida: Accused of ‘attacking due to religion’, case
Noida: Software engineer jumped from the 20th floor
Right To Be Forgotten| Protection Of Personal Information
Punjab: Amritsar-Singapore flight flew five hours before time,
Akshay Kumar and Emraan Hashmi took a ‘selfie’
Raj Kapoor’s 70 year old bungalow sold, know
Police arrived in large numbers to arrest former
https://english.n27news.in/2023/02/delhi-hc-directs-faraaz-filmmakers-to-scrupulously-adhere-to-disclaimer-refuses-to-stay-release/https://english.n27news.in /wp-content/uploads/2023/02/image-10-1024x576.pnghttps://english.n27news.in /wp-content/uploads/2023/02/image-10-150x150.pngN27 NewsEntertainmentDelhi HC Directs ‘FARAAZ’ Filmmakers To 'Scrupulously Adhere' To Disclaimer; Refuses To Stay Release,Delhi High Court,n27news.inThe Delhi High Court on Thursday refused to stay the release of the movie ‘Faraaz’, directed by Hansal Mehta, based on the 2016 Dhaka, Bangladesh Terror attack. The movie is scheduled to be released in theaters tomorrow i.e. February 3.
The court was hearing a plea by women who are...N27 NewsN27Adminenglish@n27news.inEditorN27 News
Leave a Reply